- A sermon, preached in Boston, August 20, 1812, the day of humiliation and prayer, appointed by the President of the United States, in consequence of the declaration of war against Great Britain (1812)
- Unitarian Christianity, sermon delivered in Baltimore, Maryland, on May 5, 1819.
- Remarks on the character and writings of John Milton (1826)
- Self-culture : an address introductory to the Franklin lectures, delivered at Boston, September, 1838 (1838)
- Poems (1843)
- The works of William E. Channing, D.D. (1846), in 6 vols.
- Memoir of William Ellery Channing, with extracts from his correspondence and manuscripts (1848), in 3 vols.
- Thoreau: The Poet-naturalist (1873)
- Correspondence of William Ellery Channing, D.D., and Lucy Aikin, from 1826 to 1842 (1874), edited by Anna Letitia Le Breton
- Discourses on war (1903)
Works about ChanningEdit
- "To William E. Channing" (1842) by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- "Channing" by John Greenleaf Whittier
- "Channing", by George Edward Woodberry from Studies in letters and life (1890).
- "To the memory of Channing" (1848) by Anne Lynch Botta
- William Ellery Channing, minister of religion (1903), by John White Chadwick