Author:William Temple (1628-1699)
For authors with similar names, see Author:William Temple.
|←Author Index: Te||William Temple
|English statesman and essayist|
- Observations upon the United Provinces of the Netherlands (1672) (external scan)
- Essay upon the Original and Nature of Government (1672);
- Miscellanea (1679), first part.
- Poems (1679)
- Memoirs first part, from 1665 to 1671 (destroyed unpublished by Temple)
- Memoirs (1691) second part, from 1672 to 1679.
- Miscellanea, the second part (1692)
- Introduction to the History of England, a short sketch of English history to 1087 (1695).
- Miscellanea, the third part (1701)
- Memoirs (1709) third part, from 1679 to 1681.
- The works of Sir William Temple, complete in 4 volumes (1814) vol 1, vol 2, vol 3, vol 4
Works about TempleEdit
- Memoirs of the life and negotiations of Sir W. Temple, bar., by Abel Boyer, 1667-1729; 1714 (external scan)
- Macauley's essay on Sir William Temple by Thomas Babington Macaulay, 1905 (external scan)
- Sir William Temple. The Stanhope essay, 1908 by Edward Shefford Lyttel, 1908 (external scan)
- "Temple, Sir William," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Temple, William (1628-1699)," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- “Temple, Sir William” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1888).
- "Temple, Sir William," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)