Author:William Wilson Hunter
|←Author Index: Hu||William Wilson Hunter
|British statistician, historian, and Vice-President of Royal Asiatic Society|
This author wrote articles for the Encyclopædia Britannica, Ninth Edition.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB9 by the initials "W. W. H."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "W. W. H."
- A Comparative Dictionary of the Languages of India and High Asia (1868) (external scan)
- The Annals of Rural Bengal (1872)
- Vol. 1: Annals of Rural Bengal
- Vol. 2: Orissa, Vol. 1
- Vol. 3: Orissa, Vol. 2
- A Statistical Account of Bengal (20 vols.)
- The Indian Musalmans (1876)
- A Statistical Account of Assam (2 vols.)
- The Imperial Gazetteer of India, 2nd edition (14 vols.)
- Rulers of India (series, 28 vols.), general editor; in addition, he wrote:
- The Marquess of Dalhousie (1890)
- The Earl of Mayo (1892)
- A Brief History of the Indian Peoples (1895)
- History of India (9 vols.), of which he wrote:
- “Bombay” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1878).
- “Calcutta” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1878).
- “Delhi” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1878).
Works about HunterEdit
- "Hunter, William Wilson," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1901 supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1901) in 3 vols.
- "Hunter, William Wilson," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)