Author:William Wilson Hunter
|←Author Index: Hu||William Wilson Hunter
|British statistician, historian, and Vice-President of Royal Asiatic Society|
This author wrote articles for the Encyclopædia Britannica, Ninth Edition.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB9 by the initials "W. W. H."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "W. W. H."
- Rulers of India series, general editor. Wrote two volumes of the series:
- A Brief history of the Indian peoples (1893) (external scan) (transcription project)
- History of India
- Annals of Rural Bengal (1872): Vol 1 (transcription project), Vol 2 (Orissa Vol 1) (transcription project), Vol 3 (Orissa Vol 2) (transcription project)
- The Imperial Gazetteer of India (2nd edition) (1885) - 14 volumes
- The Indian Musalmans (1876) (transcription project)
- A Dictionary of Non-Aryan Languages of India and High Asia
- Essays on the External Policy of India
- A Statistical Account of Bengal (20 vols.)
- A Statistical Account of Assam (2 vols.)
Works about HunterEdit
- "Hunter, William Wilson," in Dictionary of National Biography Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1901) in 3 vols.
- "Hunter, William Wilson," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)