Open main menu

This fraternity was founded at the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in 1864, and confining itself to schools of engineering and science has but three chapters:

  1. Alpha, Bensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 1864.
  2. Beta, Sheffield Scientific School, 1867.
  3. Gamma, Stevens Institute of Technology, 1874.

All the chapters are in a good condition. The fraternity holds annual conventions with the chapters in turn, the last one being held at Hoboken, N. J., 1878. The badge consists of a “Θ” placed diagonally over a “Ξ;” both letters are jewelled. It is a pretty pin, but not at all distinctive.