- Identify the eight two word verbs in the Comprehensive Reading.
- Use these verbs to fill in the blanks in the following sentences.
- We _______ a call for help.
- Please _______ the car _______.
- The men _______ the bridge safely.
- She _______ the boy _______ home.
- The ocean is constantly _______ the sand on the beach.
- The road was impassable. We had to _______.
- He _______ last week to see me.
- The storm _______ everything in its path.
A: She's going to drive back today.
B: Oh, maybe I can go along.
A: Can I call you up sometime?
B: Sure. Here's my number.
A: You aren't going to turn around, are you?
B: Yes, I think I will.
In the sentences below there are two-word verbs.
If the word order can be changed, make the change.
- She put her new dress on.
- Will you bring back my umbrella?
- Call me back in about an hour.
- Hang the phone up for me, please.
- She likes to show off her talent.
- I can't figure out the answer,
- I can't figure it out.
- Come back when you are finished.
- Come right back.
- We had to look up the answer.
- Can you help me out?
- He was glad to help the students out.
- Take off your hat and stay awhile.
- Don't throw away good material.