Hymn of the Russian Federation
|The source document of this text is not known.|
Please see this document's talk page for details for verification. "Source" means a location at which other users can find a copy of this work. Ideally this will be a scanned copy of the original that can be uploaded to Wikimedia Commons and proofread. If not, it is preferably a URL; if one is not available, please explain on the talk page.
|This page does not provide license information. |
Pages with no license information may be nominated for deletion. If you'd like to help, see Help:Copyright tags or comment.
- Russia — our sacred State,
- Russia — our beloved country.
- A mighty will, a great glory —
- Is your legacy for all time!
- Be glorious, our free Homeland,
- Fraternal peoples, a union for the ages,
- Common wisdom handed down by our forbears
- Be glorious, our country! We pride ourselves in you.
- From the southern seas to the arctic circle
- our forests and fields spread before you
- You are unique in the world, you are without compare
- The land of my birth protected by God.
- Open spaces for dreams and for living
- Are opened for us by the coming years
- Our strength is given to us by faith in our Homeland
- Thus it was, so it is and always will be!
An example of a poetic translationEdit
- Russia—our sacred blessed Homeland,
- Russia—our adorned and beloved country.
- A mighty willpower in greatness and glory
- Are yours forever for all enduring time!
- Glory to our Homeland, Homeland of freedom,
- Union of peoples ancient and strong,
- Wisdom of the ancestors, wisdom of the people!
- Be glorious, country! We are proud of you.
- From the southern seas to the icy polar regions
- Lay our forests and our fields.
- Unique in the world! You are one of a kind,
- Native land protected by dear God!
- Wide spaces for dreams and for our people's livelihoods
- Are open to us by the long coming years.
- Our faith in our Homeland gives us courage.
- It has been, it is now and it always will be!