(b) All persons who between Malaysia Day and Singapore Day were engaged by the Government of Malaysia for employment in those departments which were departments of the State of Singapore before Malaysia Day shall on Singapore Day become forthwith officers employed by the Government of Singapore.
Singapore Senators and members of Parliament
11. The two Senators and fifteen Members of Parliament from Singapore shall on Singapore Day cease to be members of the Senate and the House of Representatives respectively.
12. A citizen of Singapore shall on Singapore Day cease to be a citizen of Malaysia.
International agreements, etc., relating to Singapore
13. Any treaty, agreement or convention entered into before Singapore Day between the Yang di-Pertuan Agong or the Government of Malaysia and another country or countries, including those deemed to be so by Article 169 of the Constitution of Malaysia shall in so far as such instruments have application to Singapore, be deemed to be a treaty, agreement or convention between Singapore and that country or countries, and any decision taken by an international organisation and accepted before Singapore Day by the Government of Malaysia shall in so far as that decision has application to Singapore be deemed to be a decision of an international organisation of which Singapore is a member.
In particular as regards the Agreement on External Defence and Mutual Assistance between the Government of the United Kingdom and the Government of the Federation of Malaya of 12th October, 1957, and its annexes which were applied to all territories of Malaysia by Article VI of the Agreement Relating to Malaysia of 9th Ju1y, 1963, subject to the provision of Annex F thereto (relating primarily to Service lands in Singapore), the Government of Singapore will on and after Singapore Day afford to the Government of the United Kingdom the right to continue to maintain the bases and other facilities occupied by their Service authorities within Singapore and will permit the Government of the United Kingdom to make such use of these bases and facilities as that Government may consider necessary for the purposes of assisting in the defence of Singapore and Malaysia and for Commonwealth defence and for the preservation of peace in South~East Asia.
Mutual government guarantees of water agreements
14. The Government of Singapore shall guarantee that the Public Utilities Board of Singapore shall on and after Singapore Day abide by the terms and conditions of the Water Agreements dated 1st September, 1961, and 29th September, 1962, entered into between the City Council of Singapore and the Government of the State of Johore.
The Government of Malaysia shall guarantee that the Government of the State of Johore will on and after Singapore Day also abide by the terms and conditions of the said two Water Agreements.
- United Nations, Treaty Series, Vol. 285, p. 59.