Retention of Singapore’s executive and legislative powers
4. The Government of Singapore shall on and after Singapore Day retain its executive authority and legislative powers to make laws with respect to those matters provided for in the Constitution.
Transfer of executive and legislative powers of Parliament
5, The executive authority and legislative powers of the Parliament of Malaysia to make laws for any of its constituent States with respect to any of the matters enumerated in the Constitution shall on Singapore Day cease to extend to Singapore and shall be transferred so as to vest in the Government of Singapore.
Transfer of sovereignty and jurisdiction, etc.
6. The Yang di-Pertuan Agong shall on Singapore Day cease to be the Supreme Head of Singapore and his sovereignty and jurisdiction, and power and authority, executive or otherwise in respect of Singapore shall be relinquished and shall vest in the Yang di-Pertuan Negara, the Head of State of Singapore.
Continuation and effect of present laws
7. All present laws in force in Singapore immediately before Singapore Day shall continue to have effect according to their tenor and shall be construed as if this Act had not been passed in respect of Singapore subject however to amendment or repeal by the Legislature of Singapore.
Temporary provision as to jurisdiction and procedure of Singapore Courts
8. Until other provision is made by the Legislature of Singapore, the jurisdiction, original or appellate, and the practice and procedure of the High Court and the subordinate Courts of Singapore shall be the same as that exercised and followed immediately before Singapore Day, and appeals from the High Court shall continue to lie to the Federal Court of Appeal of Malaysia and then to the Privy Council in like manner.
Transfer of property and succession to rights, liabilities and obligations
9. All property, movable and immovable, and rights, liabilities and obligations which before Malaysia Day belonged to or were the responsibility of the Government of Singapore and which on that day or after became the property of or the responsibility of the Government of Malaysia shall on Singapore Day revert to and vest in or devolve upon and become once again the property of or the responsibility of Singapore.
Transfer of Singapore officers
10. (a) All persons, including members of the Armed Forces, the Police Force, the Courts and the Judiciary, and all others who immediately before Malaysia Day were officers employed by the Government of Singapore and who on that day or after became officers employed by the Government of Malaysia shall on Singapore Day become once again officers employed by the Government of Singapore.