This page has been validated.
New Year's Resolutions for Suffragists
Let us resolve to remember:
- That we are working for suffrage because of our own convictions on the subject, and not as a personal favour to the chairman of some committee.
- That no one else is ideally fitted to do the job assigned to us, so we might as well attend to it ourselves.
- That no one else will suffer any less in doing it than we do; they may talk less about their suffering.
- That, as some day we shall undoubtedly say: "Yes, I was one of the women who worked hard for suffrage," we might as well work hard.
- That it is unnecessary to be either apologetic or antagonistic about the cause, but if we must be one or the other, the latter is preferable.
- That the only way to get rest from suffrage work is to get suffrage.
[ 45 ]