CHIEF EXECUTIVE ELECTION ORDINANCE
Ord. No. 21 of 2001
- (a) the Basic Law;
- (b) this Ordinance; and
- (c) any other enactment which applies to the election of the Chief Executive,
to return a candidate for appointment by the Central People’s Government to fill the vacancy in the office of the Chief Executive—
- (d) that will arise under section 4(a); or
- (e) that arises under section 4(b) or (c).
7. Election by Election Committee
The Chief Executive shall be elected by the Election Committee as prescribed in Annex I to the Basic Law.
8. Constitution of Election Committee
(1) There shall be constituted a committee, to be known as the Election Committee, for the purposes of this Ordinance and such other purposes as may be prescribed by any other Ordinance.
(2) Subject to subsection (3), the Election Committee shall be constituted in accordance with the Schedule.
(3) The Election Committee constituted on 14 July 2000 under the Legislative Council Ordinance (Cap. 542) shall be continued and regarded as having been constituted as the first Election Committee under this Ordinance.
(4) The members of the Election Committee constituted on 14 July 2000 under the Legislative Council Ordinance (Cap. 542) shall, subject to the Schedule, be members of the first Election Committee constituted under this Ordinance.
9. Term of office of Election Committee
The term of office of the Election Committee shall be 5 years commencing on the date on which it is constituted.