- That thou hearkenedst not to My voice.
- 22The wind shall feed upon all thy shepherds,
- And thy lovers shall go into captivity;
- Surely then shalt thou be ashamed and confounded
- For all thy wickedness.
- 23O inhabitant of Lebanon,
- That art nestled in the cedars,
- How gracious shalt thou be when pangs come upon thee,
- The pain as of a woman in travail!
24As I live, saith the Lord, though Coniah the son of Jehoiakim king of Judah were the signet upon My right hand, yet would I pluck thee thence; 25and I will give thee into the hand of them that seek thy life, and into the hand of them of whom thou art afraid, even into the hand of Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon, and into the hand of the Chaldeans. 26And I will cast thee out, and thy mother that bore thee, into another country, where ye were not born; and there shall ye die. 27But to the land whereunto they long to return, thither shall they not return.
- 28Is this man Coniah a despised, broken image?
- Is he a vessel wherein is no pleasure?
- Wherefore are they cast out, he and his seed,
And are cast into the land which they know not?
- 29O land, land, land,
- Hear the word of the Lord.
- 30Thus saith the Lord:
- Write ye this man childless,
- A man that shall not prosper in his days;
- For no man of his seed shall prosper,
- Sitting upon the throne of David,
- And ruling any more in Judah.
- 23Woe unto the shepherds that destroy and scatter
- The sheep of My pasture! saith the Lord.
2Therefore thus saith the Lord, the God of Israel, against the shepherds that feed My people: Ye have scattered My flock, and driven them away, and have not taken care of them; behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the Lord. 3And I will gather the remnant of My flock out of all the countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them back to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and multiply. 4And I will set up shepherds over them, who shall feed them; and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall any be lacking, saith the Lord.
- 5Behold, the days come, saith the Lord,
- That I will raise unto David a righteous shoot,
- And he shall reign as king and prosper,
- And shall execute justice and righteousness in the land.
- 6In his days Judah shall be saved,
- And Israel shall dwell safely;
- And this is his name whereby he shall be called,
- The Lord is our righteousness.
7Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that they shall no more say: 'As the Lord liveth, that brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt'; 8but: 'As the Lord liveth, that brought up and that led the seed of the house of Israel out of the north country, and from all the countries whither I had driven them'; and they shall dwell in their own land.