This page needs to be proofread.
3A Psalm of David, when he fled from Absalom his son.
- 2Lord, how many are mine adversaries become!
- Many are they that rise up against me.
- 3Many there are that say of my soul:
- 'There is no salvation for him in God.'Selah
- 4But thou, O Lord, art a shield about me;
- My glory, and the lifter up of my head.
- 5With my voice I call unto the Lord,
- And He answereth me out of His holy mountain.Selah
- 6I lay me down, and I sleep;
- I awake, for the Lord sustaineth me.
- 7I am not afraid of ten thousands of people,
- That have set themselves against me round about.
- 8Arise, O Lord; save me, O my God;
- For Thou hast smitten all mine enemies upon the cheek,
- Thou hast broken the teeth of the wicked.
- 9Salvation belongeth unto the Lord;
- Thy blessing be upon Thy people.Selah
4For the Leader; with string-music. A Psalm of David.
- 2Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness,
- Thou who didst set me free when I was in distress;
- Be gracious unto me, and hear my prayer.
- 3O ye sons of men, how long shall my glory be put to shame,
- In that ye love vanity, and seek after falsehood?Selah
- 4But know that the Lord hath set apart the godly man as His own;
- The Lord will hear when I call unto Him.
- 5Tremble, and sin not;
- Commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still.Selah
- 6Offer the sacrifices of righteousness,
- And put your trust in the Lord.
- 7Many there are that say: 'Oh that we could see some good!'
- Lord, lift Thou up the light of Thy countenance upon us.
- 8Thou hast put gladness in my heart,
- More than when their corn and their wine increase.
- 9In peace will I both lay me down and sleep;
- For Thou, Lord, makest me dwell alone in safety.
5For the Leader; upon the Nehiloth. A Psalm of David.
- 2Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my meditation.
- 3Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God;
- For unto Thee do I pray.
- 4O Lord, in the morning shalt Thou hear my voice;
- In the morning will I order my prayer unto Thee, and will look forward.
- 5For Thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness;
- Evil shall not sojourn with Thee.
- 6The boasters shall not stand in Thy sight;
- Thou hatest all workers of iniquity.