This page needs to be proofread.
- Because He hath dealt bountifully with me.
14 For the Leader. [A Psalm] of David.
- The fool hath said in his heart: 'There is no God';
- They have dealt corruptly, they have done abominably;
- There is none that doeth good.
- 2The Lord looked forth from heaven upon the children of men,
- To see if there were any man of understanding, that did seek after God.
- 3They are all corrupt, they are together become impure;
- There is none that doeth good, no, not one.
- 4'Shall not all the workers of iniquity know it,
- Who eat up My people as they eat bread,
- And call not upon the Lord?'
- 5There are they in great fear;
- For God is with the righteous generation.
- 6Ye would put to shame the counsel of the poor,
- But the Lord is his refuge.
- 7Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion!
- When the Lord turneth the captivity of His people,
- Let Jacob rejoice, let Israel be glad.
15 A Psalm of David.
- Lord, who shall sojourn in Thy tabernacle?
- Who shall dwell upon Thy holy mountain?
- 2He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness,
- And speaketh truth in his heart;
- 3That hath no slander upon his tongue,
- Nor doeth evil to his fellow,
- Nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour;
- 4In whose eyes a vile person is despised,
- But he honoureth them that fear the Lord;
- He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not;
- 5He that putteth not out his money on interest,
- Nor taketh a bribe against the innocent.
- He that doeth these things shall never be moved.
16 Michtam of David.
- Keep me, O God; for I have taken refuge in Thee.
- 2I have said unto the Lord: 'Thou art my Lord;
- I have no good but in Thee';
- 3As for the holy that are in the earth,
- They are the excellent in whom is all my delight.
- 4Let the idols of them be multiplied that make suit unto another;
- Their drink-offerings of blood will I not offer,
- Nor take their names upon my lips.
- 5O Lord, the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup,
- Thou maintainest my lot.
- 6The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places;
- Yea, I have a goodly heritage.
- 7I will bless the Lord, who hath given me counsel;
- Yea, in the night seasons my reins instruct me.
- 8I have set the Lord always before me;