- And in the name of our God we will set up our standards;
- The Lord fulfil all thy petitions.
- 7Now know I that the Lord saveth His anointed;
- He will answer him from His holy heaven
- With the mighty acts of His saving right hand.
- 8Some trust in chariots, and some in horses;
- But we will make mention of the name of the Lord our God.
- 9They are bowed down and fallen;
- But we are risen, and stand upright.
- 10Save, Lord;
- Let the King answer us in the day that we call.
21For the Leader. A Psalm of David.
- 2O Lord, in Thy strength the king rejoiceth;
- And in Thy salvation how greatly doth he exult!
- 3Thou hast given him his heart's desire,
- And the request of his lips Thou hast not withholden.Selah
- 4For Thou meetest him with choicest blessings;
- Thou settest a crown of fine gold on his head.
- 5He asked life of Thee, Thou gavest it him;
- Even length of days for ever and ever.
- 6His glory is great through Thy salvation;
- Honour and majesty dost Thou lay upon him.
- 7For Thou makest him most blessed for ever;
- Thou makest Mm glad with joy in Thy presence.
- 8For the king trusteth in the Lord,
- Yea, in the mercy of the Most High; he shall not be moved.
- 9Thy hand shall be equal to all thine enemies;
- Thy right hand shall overtake those that hate thee.
- 10Thou shalt make them as a fiery furnace in the time of thine anger;
- The Lord shall swallow them up in His wrath,
- And the fire shall devour them.
- 11Their fruit shalt thou destroy from the earth,
- And their seed from among the children of men.
- 12For they intended evil against thee,
- They imagined a device, wherewith they shall not prevail.
- 13For thou shalt make them turn their back,
- Thou shalt make ready with thy bowstrings against the face of them.
- 14Be Thou exalted, O Lord, in Thy strength;
- So will we sing and praise Thy power.
22For the Leader; upon Aijeleth ha-Shahar. A Psalm of David.
- 2My God, my God, why hast Thou forsaken me,
- And art far from my help at the words of my cry?
- 3O my God, I call by day, but Thou answerest not;
- And at night, and there is no surcease for me.
- 4Yet Thou art holy,
- Thou that art enthroned upon the praises of Israel.
- 5In Thee did our fathers trust;