This page needs to be proofread.
- 15O God of hosts, return, we beseech Thee;
- Look from heaven, and behold, and be mindful of this vine,
- 16And of the stock which Thy right hand hath planted,
- And the branch that Thou madest strong for Thyself.
- 17It is burned with fire, it is cut down;
- They perish at the rebuke of Thy countenance.
- 18Let Thy hand be upon the man of Thy right hand,
- Upon the son of man whom Thou madest strong for Thyself.
- 19So shall we not turn back from Thee;
- Quicken Thou us, and we will call upon Thy name.
- 20O Lord God of hosts, restore us;
- Cause Thy face to shine, and we shall be saved.
81 For the Leader; upon the Gittith. [A Psalm] of Asaph.
- 2Sing aloud unto God our strength;
- Shout unto the God of Jacob.
- 3Take up the melody, and sound the timbrel,
- The sweet harp with the psaltery.
- 4Blow the horn at the new moon,
- At the full moon for our feast-day.
- 5For it is a statute for Israel,
- An ordinance of the God of Jacob.
- 6He appointed it in Joseph for a testimony,
- When He went forth against the land of Egypt.
- The speech of one that I knew not did I hear:
- 7'I removed his shoulder from the burden;
- His hands were freed from the basket.
- 8Thou didst call in trouble, and I rescued thee;
- I answered thee in the secret place of thunder;
- I proved thee at the waters of Meribah. Selah
- 9Hear, O My people, and I will admonish thee:
- O Israel, if thou wouldest hearken unto Me!
- 10There shall no strange god be in thee;
- Neither shalt thou worship any foreign god.
- 11I am the Lord thy God,
- Who brought thee up out of the land of Egypt;
- Open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.
- 12But My people hearkened not to My voice;
- And Israel would none of Me.
- 13So I let them go after the stubbornness of their heart,
- That they might walk in their own counsels.
- 14Oh that My people would hearken unto Me,
- That Israel would walk in My ways!
- 15I would soon subdue their enemies,
- And turn My hand against their adversaries.
- 16The haters of the Lord should dwindle away before Him;
- And their punishment should endure for ever.
- 17They should also be fed with the fat of wheat;
- And with honey out of the rock would I satisfy thee.'
82 A Psalm of Asaph.
- God standeth in the congregation of God;
- In the midst of the judges He judgeth:
- 2'How long will ye judge unjustly,