This page needs to be proofread.
- 72The law of Thy mouth is better unto me
- Than thousands of gold and silver.
- 73Thy hands have made me and fashioned me;
- Give me understanding, that I may learn Thy commandments.
- 74They that fear Thee shall see me and be glad,
- Because I have hope in Thy word.
- 75I know, O Lord, that Thy judgments are righteous,
- And that in faithfulness Thou hast afflicted me.
- 76Let, I pray Thee, Thy lovingkindness be ready to comfort me,
- According to Thy promise unto Thy servant.
- 77Let Thy tender mercies come unto me, that I may live;
- For Thy law is my delight.
- 78Let the proud be put to shame, for they have distorted my cause with falsehood;
- But I will meditate in Thy precepts.
- 79Let those that fear Thee return unto me,
- And they that know Thy testimonies.
- 80Let my heart be undivided in Thy statutes,
- In order that I may not be put to shame.
- 81My soul pineth for Thy salvation;
- In Thy word do I hope.
- 82Mine eyes fail for Thy word,
- Saying: 'When wilt Thou comfort me?'
- 83For I am become like a wine-skin in the smoke;
- Yet do I not forget Thy statutes.
- 84How many are the days of Thy servant?
- When wilt Thou execute judgment on them that persecute me?
- 85The proud have digged pits for me,
- Which is not according to Thy law.
- 86All Thy commandments are faithful;
- They persecute me for nought; help Thou me.
- 87They had almost consumed me upon earth;
- But as for me, I forsook not Thy precepts.
- 88Quicken me after Thy lovingkindness,
- And I will observe the testimony of Thy mouth.
- 89For ever, O Lord,
- Thy word standeth fast in heaven.
- 90Thy faithfulness is unto all generations;
- Thou hast established the earth, and it standeth.
- 91They stand this day according to Thine ordinances;
- For all things are Thy servants.
- 92Unless Thy law had been my delight,
- I should then have perished in mine affliction.
- 93I will never forget Thy precepts;
- For with them Thou hast quickened me.
- 94I am Thine, save me;
- For I have sought Thy precepts.
- 95The wicked have waited for me to destroy me;
- But I will consider Thy testimonies.
- 96I have seen an end to every purpose;
- But Thy commandment is exceeding broad.
- 97O how love I Thy law!
- It is my meditation all the day.
- 98Thy commandments make me wiser than mine enemies: