22nd. OCTOBER, 2013
QATL AND CAUSING HURT
118. For the purposes of this Order, "qisas" means retaliation or similar penalty for offences of qatlul-'amd or causing hurt to anybody.
119. For the purposes of this Order, "diyat" means the specified amount payable to the heirs of victim of qatl.
Value of diyat.
120. The value of diyat shall be 1000 dinar (4250 grammes of gold) or its value in the local currency at the time the offence of qatl was committed.
If the market price of 1 gramme of gold is $80, the value of full diyat in Brunei currency is $340,000.
121. For the purposes of this Order, "arsy" means specified amount determined by Hukum Syara' (muqaddar) or specified amount not determined by Hukum Syara' (ghairu muqaddar) for compensation payable to the victim of hurt.
122. For the purposes of this Order, "badal-al-sulh" means the mutually agreed compensation according to Hukum Syara' to be paid or given by the offender to a wali-ad-dam in cash or in kind or in the form of movable or immovable property.
Application of qisas, diyat and arsy.
123. Qisas, diyat and arsy shall apply according to the conditions provided under this Chapter.
Qatl and its kinds.
124. (1) For the purposes of this Order, "qatl" means an act of a person which causes the death of another person.