Portal:United States Department of Transportation
The United States Department of Transportation (USDOT or DOT) is a federal Cabinet department of the U.S. government concerned with transportation. It was established by an act of Congress on October 15, 1966, and began operation on April 1, 1967. It is governed by the United States Secretary of Transportation.
Its mission is to "Serve the United States by ensuring a fast, safe, efficient, accessible, and convenient transportation system that meets our vital national interests and enhances the quality of life of the American people, today and into the future."
- Portal:Bureau of Transportation Statistics
- Portal:Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Portal:Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
- Portal:Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- Portal:Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)
- Portal:Federal Transit Administration (FTA)
- Portal:Maritime Administration (MARAD)
- Portal:National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- Office of Inspector General (OIG)
- Office of the Secretary of Transportation (OST)
- Portal:Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA)
- Portal:Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation (SLSDC)
- Portal:Surface Transportation Board (STB)