Spirella Catalogue (1933)/82
MATERNITY SUPPORTING GARMENTS
HOW TO ORDER THE MATERNITY SUPPORTING GARMENT
1. Order the Spirella Maternity Support by waist size, hip size and centre front below measurement, giving client's actual measurements taken over the Fitting Garment. Make no deductions for lacing space.
2. Larger hip sizes than listed in the Catalogue may be ordered by specializing.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO BE KEPT IN MIND
3. The maternity supporting garment is made high in the back above waist and short below to aid in providing the sling support. No attempt should be made to lengthen the skirt to the actual back below measurement of the client. Only in the extremely rare case will it ever be advisable to specialize the heights and lengths.
Adjustment of the Fitting Garment
4. In preparing the foundation over which to take measurements in the selection of a maternity support follow the regular steps in the adjustment of the Fitting Garment, allowing ample freedom at the waist.
Adjustment of the Maternity Supporting Garment
5. Important. The health and well being of both the mother and child depend upon the correct daily adjustment.
6. The garment is sent out with abdominal lacings unfinished for the purpose of enabling you to form holding-knots at the right points to secure support to the abdomen. Usually the holding-knots should be formed at the bottom of the front clasp in line with the tape rein- forcement.
7. An illustrated leaflet "How to Put On Your Spirella Maternity Supporting Garment" is sent out with every garment. It gives com- plete instructions on how to adjust a maternity support and illustrates the correct adjustment, with arrows emphasizing the right position on the body. The correct position of the garment on the body is of vital importance.
8. Go over these instructions carefully with your client and make sure that she understands her responsibility in adjusting her maternity support correctly. Emphasize the value of the leaflet for her future guidance in wearing and caring for her garment. Lacing Space
9. In designing the Spirella Maternity Supporting Garment a definite lacing space has been allowed of
1½ inches from top to bottom
|In the first adjustment of this garment each of the three lacings will be approximately ½ inch from top to bottom.|
This lacing space is considered as a part of the size of the garment.
10. Bear in mind that in the maternity garment the lacing adjustment in the back is chiefly for the purpose of regulating the size as the figure increases. The side lacing should be adjusted daily to regulate the shaping in the front of the garment to conform to the changing contour of the abdomen. Therefore, no definite lacing space can be adhered to in the adjustment of the maternity support.
HOW TO ORDER THE MATERNITY BRASSIERE
11. Order the Spirella Maternity Brassiere by bust size and waist size, giving the client's actual measurements taken over the Fitting Garment.
12. Larger waist sizes than listed in the Catalogue may be ordered by specializing.
13. In designing the Spirella Maternity Brassiere a definite lacing space has been allowed of
2 inches from top to bottom
In adjusting this brassiere the front and back lacings are each to be spaced about 1 inch from top to bottom.
The lacing space is considered as a part of the size of the brassiere.
14. The back lacing in the maternity brassiere is chiefly for the purpose of regulating the size of the garment as the figure increases in size. The front lacing should be adjusted as necessary to conform to the changing contour of the figure. No definite lacing spacing can be given. The spacings will vary according to the length of time of pregnancy.