Latest comment: 2 years ago by Dick Bos in topic Articles in main namespace
For 4th series, vol 1 and 2: check to see if there are more scans available! --Dick Bos (talk) 09:12, 12 July 2019 (UTC)
For my question concerning the handling of the different series in Wikidata, see: d:Wikidata:Project_chat#Academic_journal_with_different_series. --Dick Bos (talk) 11:18, 30 January 2020 (UTC)
Articles in main namespaceEdit
When placing articles in the main namespace, I will use the "cascading" approach. See Index talk:The Zoologist, 4th series, vol 3 (1899).djvu#Cascading.
When an article spreads over more than one issue, like Biological Suggestions. Mimicry (Distant 1899):
- I make a partly article per issue, linked to the issue, like all other articles (this is how PSM is done, I believe)
- I also make an article like the one mentioned before - so directly in the main namespace, but only with references to the different parts: the "overview" article.
Examples: the one mentioned above, and:
- Original sketches of British birds (Davenport 1899)
- An Observational Diary of the Habits of Nightjars, Selous 1899
- Notes on the Ornithology of Oxfordshire, Aplin 1899-1900