The Dictionary of Australasian Biography/Hamilton, Edward William Terrick
Hamilton, Edward William Terrick, is the second son of Anthony Hamilton, Archdeacon of Taunton and Rector of Loughton, Essex, by Charity Graeme, his wife, third daughter of Sir Walter Farquhar, Bart. He is the younger brother of the late Bishop of Salisbury, and was born in 1809. He was educated at Eton, and Trinity College, Cambridge (of which he was Fellow), B.A. (Fifth Wrangler) in 1832, and M.A. in 1835. He was M.P. for Salisbury from 1865 to 1869. Mr. Hamilton resided in New South Wales from 1839 to 1855. In 1844 he married Ann Catherine, second daughter of John Thacker, of the Sydney firm of Thacker, Daniel & Co. On Jan. 20th, 1863, Mr. Hamilton was appointed parliamentary agent in England for the colony of New South Wales. Mr. Hamilton, on his return to England, took up his residence at Charteris, Sunninghill, Yorks, of which county he is J. P. and D.L.