The Economic Writings of Sir William Petty
Volume 1 of The Economic Writings of Sir William Petty contains:
- 'Introduction' (by Charles Henry Hull).
- A Treatise of Taxes and Contributions (London, 1662).
- Verbum Sapienti (Word to the wise) (written 1664, first published London, 1691).
- The Political Anatomy of Ireland (written 1672, first published London, 1690).
- Political Arithmetick (written 1676, first published London, 1690).
Volume 2 contains:
- Natural and Political Observations upon the Bills of Mortality. By Capt. John Graunt. After the Fifth Edition. London, 1676.
- Sir William Petty's Quantulumcunque concerning Money. (written 1682, published London, 1695). (Quantulumcunque (latin) = something, be it ever so small).
- Several Essays in Political Arithmetick. (posthumously published, 1699)
- Another Essay in Political Arithmetick concerning the Growth of the City of London. (written 1682, published London, 1683).
- Observations upon the Dublin-Bills of Mortality, MDCLXXXI. And the State of that City. (London, 1683).
- Further Observation upon the Dublin-Bills: or, Accompts of the Houses, Hearths, Baptisms, and Burials in that City. (London, 1686).
- Two Essays in Political Arithmetick, concerning the People, Housing, Hospitals, &c. of London and Paris. (London, 1687).
- Observations upon the Cities of London and Rome. (London, 1687).
- Five Essays in Political Arithmetick. (London, 1687).
- A Treatise of Ireland. (1687). From the Additional MS. in the British Museum.
- Bibliography of the Printed Writings of Sir William Petty, including:
- Supplement to the Bibliography of Petty's Works.
- Bibliography of the Natural and Political Observations.
- List of Books and Manuscripts used.
- ↑ Translation by Strathern, Paul (2001) - Dr Strangelove's Game : a brief history of economic genius. London : Hamish Hamilton.
This work was published before January 1, 1928, and is in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago.