- UNITED STATES ARMY MILITARY
- GOVERNMENT IN KOREA
Office of the Military Governor
14 March 1946
- SECTION Ⅰ. All provincial Councils and councils of lower levels of government, including city, town, and village councils and school councils of counties and islands, which were in existence in Korea South of 38° North Latitude on before 15 August 1946, are hereby dissolved.
- SECTION Ⅱ. Provincial Military Governors are directed to cause all funds, records and property of such councils within their respective jurisdictions to be taken into custody and control by designated Military Government or civilian personnel, and preserved, maintained and safeguarded as property of the Military Government, subject to further directions of the Military Governor in Korea.
- SECTION Ⅲ. This ordinance shall be effective on the tenth day after the date appearing hereon.
- ARCHER L. LERCH
- Major General, United States Army
- Military Governor of Korea.