- UNITED STATES ARMY MILITARY
- GOVERNMENT IN KOREA
- Seoul, Korea
29 March 1946
DISSOLUTION OF KOREAN ASSOCIATION FOR PROTECTION
AND RELIEF OF CONSCRIPTED LABORERS AND WAR
SUFFERERS; PAYMENT OF BENEFITS; ACCOUNTING
- SECTION Ⅰ. Dissolution of Association. The Korean Association of protection and Relief of Conscripted Laborers and War Sufferers is hereby dissolved and its corporate existence terminated.
- SECTION Ⅱ. Payment of Benefits; Reimbursement. The Association shall forthwith proceed to pay out all moneys which are now or hereafter subject to its control and which represent payments actually made to or for the benefit of specific conscripted Korean laborers, their families or beneficiaries. The Association shall reimburse our of its funds under Section Ill hereof, governmental organizations which in good faith have made payments to conscripted Korean laborers, their families or beneficiaries, of the type described in this Section.
- SECTION Ⅲ. Disposition of Unidentifiable Balances. All remaining moneys of the Association not identifiable by it as due and owing to specific conscripted Korean laborers, their families or beneficiaries, shall be devoted to welfare purposes for needy Korean conscripted laborers, their families or beneficiaries. An inventory of all real and personal property other than moneys, Custodian of the Government of Korea. The proceeds of the sale of each property shall be similarly used.
- SECTION Ⅳ. Collection of Indebtednesses. All continuing responsibilities and duties of the Association shall be fulfilled. including its duty to take all necessary steps for collection and payment: of amounts due and owing to conscripted Korean laborers, their families or beneficiaries, from employers. All moneys so collected shall be distributed in accordance with with the provisions of Section Ⅱ or Ⅲ hereof.
- SECTION Ⅴ. Responsible agency. The Bureau of Public Health and Welfare of the Government of Korea shall be responsible for carrying out the provisions of this Ordinance.
- SECTION Ⅴ. Effective Date. This Ordinance shall be effective on the tenth day after the date appearing hereon.
- ARCHER L. LERCH
- Major General, United States Army
- Military Governor of Korea.