Collected works edit
- The Works of Abraham Cowley (1806), in 3 vols., edited by John Aiken
- Volume 1
- Volume 2
- Volume 3
- Essays (1886), edited, with an Introduction and Notes, by Henry Morley
- Abraham Cowley: Essays, plays and sundry verses (1906), edited by Alfred Rayney Waller IA
- Cowley: Prose works (1909), edited by Joseph Rawson Lumby IA
- "To Sir William D'Avenant, Upon His Two First Books of Gondibert, Finish'd before his Voyage to America"
- "Against Fruition"
- "Against Hope"
- "An Answer to a Copy of Verses Sent Me to Jersey"
- "Bathing in the River"
- "The Chronicle, A Ballad"
- "The Concealment"
- "Constantia and Philetus"
- "The Country Life", included in Of Agriculture
- "A Dream of Elysium"
- "The Despair"
- "An Elegie on the Death of the Right Honourable Dudley Lord Carleton"
- "An Elegie on the Death of my Loving Friend and Cousen, Master Richard Clerke"
- "An Elegie on the Death of John Littleton Esquire"
- "An Elegie on the Death of Mris Anne Whitfield"
- "The Given Heart"
- "Hail, old patrician trees, so great and good!", included in Of Solitude
- "Happy art thou whom God does bless", include in The Garden
- "The Heart Breaking"
- "The Innocent Ill"
- "The Motto"
- "Ode in Imitation of Horace's Ode V, Book I"
- "Ode Upon Liberty", included in Of Liberty
- "Of Wit"
- "On the Death of Mr. Crashaw"
- "On the Death of Mr. William Hervey"
- "On the Death of Sir Henry Wooten"
- "The Parting"
- "Piramus and Thisbe"
- "The Puritan and the Papist", 1643
- "Reason, the Use of it in Divine Matters"
- "Resolved to be Beloved"
- "The Resurrection"
- "The Swallow"
- "To the Lord Falkland"
- "To Sir William Davanant"
- "The Tree of Knowledge"
- "The Usurpation"
- "The Welcome"
- "The Wish"
- "Why dost thou heap up wealth, which thou must quit", included in The Shortness of Life and Uncertainty of Riches
- "Written in the Juice of a Lemon"
- Lib. 2. Vota tui breviter, etc., included in Of Liberty
- Lib. 2. Vis fieri Liber, etc., included in Of Liberty
- Lib. 2. Quod to nomine? etc., included in Of Liberty
- Lib. 5, Ep. 59., included in The Danger Of Procrastination
- Lib. 2, Ep. 90., included in The Danger Of Procrastination
- Lib. 10, Ep. 47., included in Of Myself
- Lib. 10. Ep. 96., included in Of Myself
- Epodon. Beatus ille qui procul, etc., included in Of Agriculture
- Lib. 3. Ode 1. Odi profanum vulgus, etc., included in Of Greatness
- I admire, Maecenas, how it comes to pass, included in Of Avarice
- "Inclusam Danaen turris ahenea", included in Of Avarice
- Horace To Fuscus Aristius, included in Of Agriculture
- The Country Mouse, included in Of Agriculture
Works about Cowley edit
- An Account of the Life and Writings of Mr Abraham Cowley, written to Mr. M. Clifford by Thomas Sprat in "The works of Mr Abraham Cowley" (1688) by Abraham Cowley
- "Cowley" in The Lives of the Most Eminent English Poets (1783), by Samuel Johnson, pp.1-95.
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.
Public domainPublic domainfalse