Author:Edmund William Gosse
(Redirected from Author:E. W. Gosse)
|←Author Index: Go||Edmund William Gosse
|C.B.; English poet, author and critic; President of the Royal Academy|
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "E. G." or by "E. W. G."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "E. G."
- Madrigals, Songs, and Sonnets (1870), co-author John Arthur Blaikie
- On Viol and Flute (1873)
- King Erik (1876)
- New Poems (1879)
- Seventeenth Century Studies (1883)
- Life of Thomas Gray (4 vols., 1884)
- Firdausi in Exile (1885)
- Life of William Congreve (1888)
- A History of Eighteenth Century Literature (1889)
- Northern studies (1890)
- Questions at Issue (1893)
- The Jacobean Poets (1894)
- In Russet and Silver (1894)
- Collected Poems (1896)
- History of Modern English Literature (1897)
- Life and Letters of Dr John Donne, Dean of St Paul's (1899)
- Hypolympia, or the Gods on the Island (1901)
- vols. iii. and iv. of an Illustrated Record of English Literature (1903-1904), in connection with Dr Richard Garnett.
- Jeremy Taylor (1904)
- French Profiles (1905)
- Life of Sir Thomas Browne (1905) also known as Sir Thomas Browne
- Father and Son (1907) (autobiography)
- The Life of Algernon Charles Swinburne (1917)
Contributions to the Dictionary of National BiographyEdit
- Akenside, Mark
- Banks, John (fl.1696)
- Barnfield, Richard
- Beaumont, Joseph (1616-1699)
- Beddoes, Thomas Lovell
- Behn, Afra
- Belchier, Daubridgcourt
- Blair, Robert (1699-1746)
- Brathwaite, Richard
- Broome, William
- Butler, Samuel (1612-1680)
- Gosse, Emily
- Gosse, Philip Henry
- Pater, Walter Horatio
- Pix, Mary
- 1st supplement
- 2nd supplement
Contributions to the Encyclopædia Britannica, Ninth EditionEdit
- “Almqvist, Karl Jonas Ludwig” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1878).
- “Baggesen, Jens Emmanuel” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1878).
- “Denmark” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1878).
- “Edda” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1878).
- “Norway” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1884). (Literature)
- “Sweden” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1887). (Literature)
- “Tegnér, Esaias” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1888).
Contributions to 1911 Encyclopædia BritannicaEdit
- (In Verse)
- (in verse)
- (typesetting to fill computer screen)
- (Literature and Philosophy)
- "Living English Sculptors". The Century Magazine. Vol. XXVI no. 2. pp. 163–185. (June 1883)
- Life of Guy de Maupassant, in Pierre and Jean by Clara Bell (1902).
- Eliza Brightwen - The Life and Thoughts of a Naturalist (autobiographical writings, journal, etc. introduced by Gosse, edited by W. Chesson, 1909)
- Eliza Brightwen - Eliza Brightwen, naturalist & philanthropist; an autobiography. Edited by W. H. Chesson, with introduction and epilogue by Gosse. New York: American Tract Society. (1909)
- The Bridal March; One Day (1896), by Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson