Author:Frederic Dorr Steele
- Carolyn Wells: The Adventure of the Clothes-line (in Century Magazine, 1915)
- Ellis Parker Butler: "Pap Brigg's Phenomenal Hen-Food" (in Century Magazine, 1900)
- E. W. Hornung: frontispiece, The Crime Doctor (A. L. Burt, 1914)
- E. Nesbit: The Dwellers (in McClure's Magazine, 1909)
- Mary Roberts Rinehart: Sight Unseen (3-part serial in Everybody's Magazine, 1916)
- Owen Johnson: "The Future President (in Century Magazine, 1916)
- Richard Harding Davis Vera, the Medium (in Scribner's Magazine, 1908 Apr—Jun. Also for the book)
- ↑ The original, Bobbs-Merrill co. edition, has numerous illustrations by Steele
Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1928.
The longest-living author of these works died in 1944, so these works are in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 78 years or less. These works may be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.