- A translation of History by Herodotus, with Henry Rawlinson and John Gardiner Wilkinson, 1858-1860.
- The Five Great Monarchies of the Ancient Eastern World, 1862-67
- The Sixth Great Oriental Monarchy, or, The Geography, History, & Antiquities of Parthia, 1873
- The Seventh Great Oriental Monarchy (Sassanian), 1875
- Manual of Ancient History, 1869
- Historical Illustrations of the Old Testament, 1871
- The Origin of Nations, 1877
- Ancient Egypt (with Arthur Gilman), 1881. This Tenth edition published 1886.
- Egypt and Babylon, 1885
- History of Phoenicia, 1889
- Parthia, 1893
- Memoir of Major-General Sir HC Rawlinson, 1898
Contributions to EB9Edit
- "Herodotus," in Encyclopædia Britannica, Ninth Edition (11) (1880)
Contributions to EB1911Edit
- "Herodotus," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911) (in part)
Works about RawlinsonEdit
- "Rawlinson, George (1)," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Rawlinson, George," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Rawlinson, George," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Rawlinson, George," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1912 supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1912) in 3 vols.
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.