|←Author Index: Ra||George Rawlinson
|English scholar and historian|
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "G. R."
- A translation of History by Herodotus, with Henry Rawlinson and John Gardiner Wilkinson, 1858-1860.
- The Five Great Monarchies of the Ancient Eastern World, 1862-67
- The Sixth Great Oriental Monarchy, or, The Geography, History, & Antiquities of Parthia, 1873
- The Seventh Great Oriental Monarchy (Sassanian), 1875
- Manual of Ancient History, 1869
- Historical Illustrations of the Old Testament, 1871
- The Origin of Nations, 1877
- Ancient Egypt (with Arthur Gilman), 1881. This Tenth edition published 1886.
- Egypt and Babylon, 1885
- History of Phoenicia, 1889
- Parthia, 1893
- Memoir of Major-General Sir HC Rawlinson, 1898
- "Herodotus" in the 9th edition of the Encyclopædia Britannica.
- "Herodotus," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911) (in part)
Works about RawlinsonEdit
- "Rawlinson, George (1)," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Rawlinson, George," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Rawlinson, George," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Rawlinson, George," in Dictionary of National Biography Second Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1912) in 3 vols.