- The Sophistes and Politicus of Plato, with a revised text and English notes (1867), in 3 vols.
- Some aspects of the Christian ideal: sermons (1877)
- Sophocles (1879)
- The Life of James Clerk Maxwell (1882), with William Garnett 
- Leptophyllon septentrionale; translations and other trifles (1887) 
- The Theætetus of Plato, with a revised text and English notes (1883, 2nd. ed.) 
- A Guide to Greek Tragedy for English Readers (1891) 
- Plato's Republic: the Greek text (1894), in 2 vols., with Benjamin Jowett
- Religion in Greek literature; a sketch in outline (1898) 
- On the Nationalisation of the Old English Universities (1901) 
- Tragic Drama in Aeschylus, Sophocles, and Shakespeare (1904) 
- Paralipomena Sophoclea: supplementary notes on the text and interpretation of Sophocles (1907) 
- Sophocles: The Seven Plays in English Verse (1883)
- Aeschylus: The Seven Plays, in English verse (1890)
- The Oresteia of Aeschylus translated into English prose (1893) 
- Sophocles: The Seven Plays translated into English Verse (1906), new edition
- The life and letters of Benjamin Jowett, M. A., master of Balliol college, Oxford (1897), in 2 vols., with Evelyn Abbott
- Letters of Benjamin Jowett, M.A., master of Balliol college, Oxford (1899), with Evelyn Abbott
- Theological essays of the late Benjamin Jowett (1906)
Contributions to EB1911Edit
- "Jowett, Benjamin," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Plato," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Sophocles," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
Works about CampbellEdit
- "Campbell, Lewis," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Campbell, Lewis," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1912 supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1912) in 3 vols.
- "Campbell, Lewis," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Campbell, Lewis," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- Memorials in verse and prose of Lewis Campbell (1914), by Frances Pitt Campbell 
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.