|←Author Index: Bi||Samuel Birch
|English Egyptologist and antiquary|
- Analecta Sinensia, 1841.
- Select Papyri in the Hieratic Character, 3 pts. fol. 1841-4.
- Selections from the Gallery of Antiquities in the British Museum, with Joseph Bonomi and Francis Arundale (1842)
- Tablets from the Collection of the Earl of Belmore, 1843.
- Friends till Death (from Chinese), 1845.
- An Introduction to the Study of the Egyptian Hieroglyphics, 1857.
- History of Ancient Pottery, 2 vols. 1858. John Murray, London.
- Memoire sur une Patere, 1858.
- Select Papyri, pt, ii. 18 (50.
- A Description of the Collection of Ancient Marbles in the British Museum Part 11 (1861)
- ChineseWidow (from Chinese), 1862.
- Elfin Foxes (from Chinese), 1863.
- Papyrus of Nas-Khem, 1863.
- Facsimiles of Egyptian Relics, 1863.
- Facsimiles of two Papyri, 1863.
- Inscriptions in the Himyaritic Character, 1863.
- Egypt's Place in Universal History, 1867. (Vol. 5 - contributed the first extensive English translation of the Book of the Dead)
- The Casket of Gems (from Chinese), 1872.
- History of Egypt, 1875.
- Facsimile of Papyrus of Rameses III, fol. 1876.
- The Monumental History of Egypt, 1876.
- Egyptian Texts, 1877.
- Catalogue of Egyptian Antiquities at Alnwick Castle, 1880.
- The Coffin of Amamu (unfinished).
Articles in the Archaeological JournalEdit
- "Gold Fibula, found at Odiham, Hampshire" in the Archaeological Journal, volume 2, pages 46–47 (1846)
- "Notice of an Anglo-Roman Sarcophagus" in the Archaeological Journal, volume 2, pages 251–257 (1846)
- "On the Torc of the Celts" in the Archaeological Journal, volume 3, pages 27–38 (1846)
- "On the Reading of the Coins of Cunobelin" in the Archaeological Journal, volume 4, pages 28–36 (1847)
- "Observations on a Bronze Figure of a Bull found in Cornwall" in the Archaeological Journal, volume 7, pages 8–16 (1850)
Works about BirchEdit
- "Birch, Samuel," in Men of the Time (eleventh edition), by Thompson Cooper, London: George Routledge and Sons (1884)
- "Birch, Samuel (1813-1885)," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1901 supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1901) in 3 vols.
- "Birch, Samuel," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)