|←Author Index: Wh||Walt Whitman
|American poet, essayist, journalist, and humanist. |
The icon identifies that the work includes a spoken word version.
- Leaves of Grass (1855-1891)
- "Manly health and training, with off-hand hints toward their conditions", under pen name Mose Velsor, New York Atlas, Vol 21, no 17, September 1858 (reprinted in Walt Whitman Quarterly Review, Vol 33, nos 3/4, Spring 2016).
- Drum-Taps (1865) (external scan)
- The prairie states, 1880 (external scan)
- Specimen days in America (1887) (external scan)
- Democratic vistas, and other papers (1888) (external scan)
- Complete prose works (1897) (external scan)
- Autobiographia; or, The story of a life (1892) (external scan)
- Memories of President Lincoln, and other lyrics of the war (1904) (external scan)
- Complete prose works. Specimen days and Collect, November boughs and Good bye my fancy (1910) (external scan)
- Songs of democracy (1919) (external scan)
- The poetry of the future (1881) (external scan)
- "Song of Myself"
- "O Captain! My Captain!"
- "Crossing Brooklyn Ferry"
- "A Noiseless Patient Spider"
- "When I Heard the Learn'd Astronomer"
- "I Hear America Singing"
- "Earth! my Likeness!"
- "This Is What You Shall Do"
- "With Husky-Haughty Lips, O Sea!"
- "Poem of Joys"
- "In Cabin’d Ships at Sea"
- "The Mystic Trumpeter"
- "I hear it was Charged against Me"
- "O Hymen! O Hymenee!"
- "On the Beach at Night"
Works about WhitmanEdit
- "Whitman, Walt," by Rossiter Johnson in The American Cyclopædia (1879)
- "Whitman, Walt," in Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography, New York: D. Appleton and Co. (1889)
- "W. W." (1892) by Edmund Clarence Stedman
- "Whitman, Walt," by William Peterfield Trent in The New International Encyclopædia, New York: Dodd, Mead and Co. (1905)
- "Whitman, Walter or Walt," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Whitman, Walt," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Whitman, Walt," in The Encyclopedia Americana, New York: The Encyclopedia Americana Corporation (1920)
- "Whitman, Walt," in Collier's New Encyclopedia, New York: P. F. Collier & Son Co. (1921)
- Unlaunch'd Voices: An Evening with Walt Whitman (1998) – Copyrighted in the United States until 2094 Keamy, Michael Z. A Play. Behemoth Media.