- Tegetmeier, W.B. (1881). Pheasants: their Natural History and Practical Management. T.W. Wood, ill. London: H. Cox. (2nd ed. greatly enlarged)
- 3rd ed. 1897. Ill. by J.G. Millais, T.W. Wood, P. Smith, F.W. Frohawk, etc.
- 6th ed. 1922. Edited with an introduction by Eric Parker. With a chapter on the diseases of pheasants by H. Hammond Smith. Ill. by J.G. Millais, T.W. Wood and F.W. Frohawk.
- Butler, Arthur G.; Mathew, Rev. Murray A.; Forbes, Henry O.; Cordeaux, John; Tegetmeier, W.B.; Slater, Rev. Henry H.; Aplin, O.V.; Macpherson, Rev. H.A. (1896). British Birds with their Nests and Eggs. London: Brumby & Clarke. (in six volumes, published 1896-1898. Tegetmeier wrote on the orders Columbæ and Pterocletes, vol. IV, and on the orders Gallinæ, Fulicariæ and Alectorides, vol. V)
About W.B. TegetmeierEdit
- Review of Tegetmeier 1897 (Pheasants, 3rd ed.): Distant (ed.), W. L. (1897). "Pheasants: their Natural History and Practical Management. By W.B. Tegetmeier, M.B.O.U., &c.Third Edition, enlarged.". The Zoologist. 4th series, vol 1 (issue 672, June—section 'Notices of New Books'): 279–280.