- Rights of Man, 1791 by Thomas Paine
- The French Revolution, 1853 by Thomas Carlyle
- Englishmen in the French Revolution, 1889 by John Goldworth Alger
- The French Revolution, 1911 by Hilaire Belloc
- The French Revolution and the Irish by G. K. Chesterton
- "The French Revolution" in The Harvard Classics, Volume 51, 1914 by Robert Matteson Johnston
- Reflections on the Revolution in France, by Edmund Burke
- Marie Antoinette (1755–1793), Queen of France at the time of the Revolution.
- Donatien Alphonse François, Marquis de Sade (1740–1814), revolutionary politician.
- Jean-Paul Marat (1743–1793), revolutionary journalist and politician.
- Maximilien Robespierre (1758–1794), one of most influential revolutionaries.