- General articles & Encyclopedia entries
- "The Drama", ch. XIII in A History of Sanskrit Literature by Arthur Anthony Macdonell, 1900.
- "Introductory Sketch of the Sanskrit Drama", pp. 1–13 in A Bibliography of the Sanskrit Drama, by Montgomery Schuyler, Jr. (1906)
- "Drama/2," by Adolphus William Ward in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911) (§2. Indian Drama).
- "Sanskrit," by Hans Julius Eggeling in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911).
- Natya Shastra, by Bharata Muni
- The Daśarūpa, a treatise on Hindu Dramaturgy, by Dhanañjaya, transl. by George C. O. Haas (1912)
- The Mirror of Gesture, by Nandikeśvara, transl. by Ananda Coomaraswamy & Gopala Kristnayya Duggirala (1917) (external scan)
- Select Specimens of the Theatre of the Hindus, 3 vols., translated by Horace Hayman Wilson (1827)
- Vol 1 (contains Mṛicchakaṭika)
- Vol 2 (external scan) (contains Vikramorvaśīya, Malatīmādhava, Uttararāmacarita)
- Vol 3 (contains Mudrārākṣasa, Ratnāvalī)
- Mahāvīracarita, by Bhavabhūti
- Mālavikāgnimitra, by Kālidāsa
- Mṛcchakaṭikā (The Toy Cart), by Śūdraka
- Nāgānanda (Joy of Serpents), by Harsha
- Priyadarśikā, a Sanskrit Drama by Harsha (tr. by G. K. Nariman, A. V. William Jackson and Charles J. Ogden) (1923) (Part of Indo-Iranian Series, Vol 10, of Columbia University)
- Ratnāvalī, by Harsha
- Śakuntalā (Abhijñānaśākuntalam), by Kālidāsa
- Uttararāmacarita, by Bhavabhūti
- Viddhaśālabhañjikā, by Rājaśekhara
- Vikramōrvaśīyam, by Kālidāsa