- Zoological Notes and Observations Made on Board H.M.S. Rattlesnake during the Years 1846-50. AnMNH, ser. 2. 7 (1851)
- Manual of human histology (1853)
- Manual of human microscopical anatomy (1854)
- On the Educational Value of the Natural History Sciences. [An address delivered at St. Martin's Hall] (London 1854).
- The oceanic Hydrozoa (1859)
- On our knowledge of the causes of the phenomena of organic nature. (1863)
- Evidence as to Man's Place in Nature. London 1863; CE 7: 1-208.
- The cerebral structure of man and apes, 1863
- Lectures on the elements of comparative anatomy (1864)
- Pre-historic remains of Caithness. With Notes on the human remains with Samuel Laing (1866)
- Lessons in Elementary Physiology. London 1866. (sel.)
- The Culture Demanded by Modern Life et al. (1867)
- An introduction to the classification of animals (1869)
- On the physical basis of life (1870)
- Manual of the Anatomy of Vertebrated Animals. London 1871. (New version 1881). (sel.)
- Mr. Darwin's critics (1871)
- Critiques and Addresses (1873)
- Boys and girls in biology: or, Simple studies of the lower forms of life (1875)
- A Course of Practical Instruction in Elemetary Biology (1875)
- A Manual of the Anatomy of Invertebrated Animals. London 1877. (sel.)
- Physiography: An Introduction to the Study of Nature London 1877. (sel.)
- American Addresses: With a Lecture on the Study of Biology (1877)
- Hume (London. 1878); CE 6: 3-240.
- The Crayfish: An Introduction to the Study of Zoology. London 1879.
- Introductory Science Primer. London 1880.
- The Rise and Progress of Palaeontology (1881)
- Fish Diseases (1883)
- Darwin and Humboldt : their lives and work (1883)
- Technical education and other essays
- The elements of physiology and hygiene; a text-book for educational institutions (1884)
- A Course of Elementary Instruction in Practical Biology (1879)
- Lessons in Elementary Physiology (1885)
- The Evolution of Theology: An Anthropological Study. The Nineteenth Century 19 (1886)
- Select Works of Thomas H. Huxley (1886)
- Agnosticism (1889)
- On the Origin of Species, Or, The Causes of the Phenomena of Organic Nature (1889)
- Essays upon some Controverted Questions, 1892
- Evolution and Ethics, 1893
- Collected Essays 1893-94. v. 1. Methods and results.—v. 2 Darwiniana.—v. 3 Science and education.—v. 4 Science and Hebrew tradition.—v. 5 Science and Christian tradition.—v. 6 Hume.—v. 7 Man's place in nature.—v. 8 Discourses, biological and geological.—v. 9 Evolution and ethics
- Method and results
- Darwiniana (1897)
- Science and education : essays
- Science and Hebrew Tradition: Essays
- Science and Christian Tradition: Essays
- Man's Place in Nature 1894
- Discourses biological and geological: essays
- Evolution and Ethics and Other Essays
- Science And Culture And Other Essays
- The Struggle for Existence in Human Society (1894)
- The Life and Letters of Thomas Henry Huxley. ed. Leonard Huxley. 2 vols. London 1900.
- The Advance of Science in the Last Half-century (1898)
- The Scientific Memoirs of Thomas Henry Huxley. 4 vols. + supplement. ed. Michael Foster and E. Ray Lankester. London 1898-1903.
- Aphorisms and Reflections, ed. Henrietta Huxley. London 1907.
- Lay Sermons, Addresses and Reviews (1910)
- Selections from Huxley (1912)
- Readings from Huxley (1920)
- contributed to Men of the Time 12th ed.
Articles in Popular Science Monthly edit
Contributions to Encyclopædia Britannica edit
Works about Huxley edit
- "Thomas Henry Huxley" in Leslie Stephen's Studies of a Biographer, vol. 3 (1898)
- "Notes and News: Thomas Henry Huxley", in The Auk, 13 (January 1896).
- "Huxley on Science and Culture." by A. O. Norton in The Harvard Classics Vol. 51 (1914)
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.
Public domainPublic domainfalse