Author:Thomas William Rhys Davids
|←Author Index: Rh||Thomas William Rhys Davids
|British scholar of the Pāli language and Buddhism, and founder of the Pali Text Society |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "T. W. R. D."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "T. W. R. D."
- The International Numismata Orientalia: On The Ancient Coins And Measures Of Ceylon, 1877 short work external source
- Lectures on the Origin and Growth of Religion, 1881 external source
- Buddhism Its History And Literature, 1907 external source
- Early Buddhism, 1908 external source
- Buddhism: being a sketch of the life and teachings of Gautama, the Buddha, 1912 external source
- Cosmic law on ancient thought, 1917 short work external source
Translations for the Sacred Books of the EastEdit
- Buddhist Suttas. The Mahâ-parinibbâna Suttanta, The Dhamma-kakka-ppavattana Sutta, The Tevigga Suttanta, The Âkankheyya Sutta, The Ketokhila Sutta, The Mahâ-Sudassana Suttanta, The Sabbâsava Sutta. 1881
- (with Hermann Oldenberg) Vinaya Texts, vol. 1 of 3. The Patimokkha. The Mahavagga, I-IV. 1881
- (with Hermann Oldenberg) Vinaya Texts, vol. 2 of 3. The Mahavagga, V-X, the Kullavagga I-II. 1882
- (with Hermann Oldenberg) Vinaya Texts, vol. 3 of 3. the Kullavagga, IV-XII. 1885
- The Questions of King Milinda, vol. 1 of 2. Milindapañha. 1890
- The Questions of King Milinda, vol. 2 of 2. Milindapañha. 1894
Contributions to EB1911Edit
- (in part)
Contributions to the Dictionary of National BiographyEdit
- Dongra Inscription. (1872) Indian Antiquary