|This Wikisource text was referenced in:|
|This page was nominated as a possible copyright violation, the discussion was closed in 2009. The result of the discussion was Withdrawn.|
|This work was transcribed or copied from a transcription of the original, rather than the original itself. It therefore has second-hand provenance. You can improve the provenance of this work by transcribing a scan, or proofing it against a hardcopy, of the original work. Once this is complete, update the textinfo message, and remove this message.|
"Most Lawyers (I have met) and the Court's seem to be more about making money than discovering the truth. Remember always that Courts are run by men. Most men are, I think, selfish.
Clearly since Yogananda created Self Realization Fellowship as the sole outlet for his works all material ought to belong solely to SRF. Period. End of story. He made this clear to all with whom he worked. This is my opinion.
Of course photos taken by random people who may have briefly met and felt the presence of a God Realized being -- Paramahansa Yogananda ought to remain theirs to use as they wish. However these photos would be mostly widely circulated I believe if distributed by the core organization Yogananda (he himself) created (founded) -- that being SRF.
As far as prior to SRF existing then the remedy of Court is perhaps occasionally warrented in some particulars.
Yogananda being a Hindu created an Organization that embraced all faiths. As he did. In fact it was once called the Church of All Religions.
The path of Yogananda is a very high Spiritual path. I hope it does not get diluted by offshoots who speak only for themselves. Though I of course believe no one has a monopoly on Truth.
That Ananda came into being 10 years after Yogananda left his body is pretty telling from my viewpoint. I have never knowingly participated with Ananda in any way.
I am an outside party looking in. I hope all egos and attitudes from others outside looking in and those in pursuit of money rather than Truth will temper their greed and find out for themselves what works for them. Find one path that works for you and stick with it. May truth will out." This has been my opinion. Do not alter that which is between the quotes. I do not give permission for you to do so. -- RG
A question about related images was raised on Scriptorium but there was no dicussion. See Wikisource:Scriptorium/Archives/2007-09#Photo links for Yogananda's "Autobiography of a Yogi" John Vandenberg 08:24, 12 November 2007 (UTC)
Which version is this text?
- For a discussion of the copyright issue see Self Realization v. Ananda Church. John Vandenberg 22:54, 18 December 2007 (UTC)
- (Edit summary) removed lawsuit link because this lawsuit does not pertain to this book. Red Rose 13 03:33, 15 September 2012
- The Autobiography of a Yogi copyright was actually renewed in November 1974 - Source = Stanford  and Source = Rutgers  by the Self-Realization Fellowship, the publisher. Red Rose 13 20:47, 13 October 2012
- That 1974 renewal is grandfathered into the records is all. SRF's claim to the Yogi's renewal copyright was ruled invalid in 206 F.3d 1322 (2000) Self_Realization_v._Ananda_Church, see Part IV, #13 and the Conclusion at the end. -- George Orwell III (talk) 14:13, 3 January 2015 (UTC)
- The link provided above relates only to the items addressed in the lawsuit and the Autobiography of a Yogi was not a part of the lawsuit.Red Rose 13 (talk) 18:50, 1 April 2017 (UTC)
First Indian Edition in EnglishEdit
- British Edition (1950) (5th impression, 1958): Ext. scan: Digital Library of India.