Author:Josef Svatopluk Machar
|←Author Index: Ma||Josef Svatopluk Machar
|Czech poet, prosaist, essayist and politician, using also pseudonyms Jan Svatopluk Machar, Josef Jan Machar, Antonín Rousek and Leo Leonhardi.|
- Sonia, a story from the book Konfese literáta ("The Confessions of an Author", 1901), translated by Paul Selver in 1919.
- The Jail, 1918; translation by Paul Selver, 1921
- Song in Autumn
- Autumn Causerie, IV
- Summer Causerie, III
- October Sonnet
- Avar inroad
- Pasquino on the death of Pope Hadrian VI.
- Cromwell at the corpse of Charles I.
- A. Dürer painting the Saviour's head
- On Golgotha
- A Fantastic Ballad
- A Sonnet of the Past
- A Sonnet of Life
- To My Mother
- The Spiral, or On the Decline of a Century
- Autumn Sonnet
- Last Will and Testament
Works about MacharEdit
- "Machar, Jan Svatopluk" in Anthology of Modern Slavonic Literature in Prose and Verse (1919)
- "Introduction" by in The Jail (1921)