- Casey at the Bat, 1888 poem by Ernest Lawrence Thayer
- Baseball Joe on the School Nine, 1912 fiction book by Lester Chadwick
- Charles Comiskey Affidavit, 1915 by Charles Comiskey
- Lou Gehrig's Farewell to Baseball, 1939
- Baseball Guide and Record Book 1962, by John George Taylor Spink, Paul A. Rickart, and Clifford Kachline
- Evolution of the Ball, 1963
- Crowd of 100,000 at the Speedway, newspaper article about the Indy 500
- Harroun Only One Sure of His Place, newspaper article about the Indy 500
- Harroun is in Lead at 300, newspaper article about the Indy 500
- One Dead and Many Injured, newspaper article about the Indy 500
- The Great Race, newspaper article about the Indy 500
- Train and Trolley Bear in Thousands, newspaper article about the Indy 500
- Milan Motor Races, newspaper article about the first race held at Monza circuit in Italy
- Captain Geach's Narrow Escape, newspaper article about 1920 motor race at Brooklands.
- The French Grand Prix, Series of newspaper articles about the first French Grand Prix in 1906.
- Automobilism: The French Grand Prix, first published in The Times in June, 1906.
- Autos for French race, first published in the New York Times on April 15, 1906.
- French Auto Race Today, first published in the New York Times on June 26, 1906.
- Grand Prix De France, first published in the Evening Post on July 2, 1906.
- Automobile Race, published in the Colonist on July 2, 1906.
- Automobile Grand Prix, published in the Grey River Argus on July 2, 1906.
- Big Motor Race In France, first published in the Sydney Times on July 4, 1906.
- Fastest Bicycle Rider in the World: The Story of a Colored Boy's Indomitable Courage and Success Against Great Odds, autobiography by Marshall W. Taylor
- The Adventure of the Solitary Cyclist, short story by Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Wheels of Chance: A Bicycling Idyll, comic novel by H. G. Wells
- Taming the Bicycle, by Mark Twain
- The Dead Shot: Sportman's Complete Guide, pre-1893