- sister projects: Wikipedia article, Commons gallery, quotes, news, course, travel guide, Wikidata item, Meta.
This page provides information on the English Wikisource's current administrators — users who are granted extra rights and responsibilities as described at Wikisource:Adminship.
Administrators are given access for one year per the Restricted access policy. Regular votes are held to confirm each user's status. Other languages indicate the areas in which the administrators might be able to converse with outside project members, or help provide public domain translations.
|Username||Other languages||Next Confirmation||Other access|
|BD2412||French (basic)||2024-04||bureaucrat, enwp admin, enwikt admin, enwq admin & crat|
|Beleg Tâl||French (intermediate), Latin (basic)||2024-01|
|Billinghurst||2024-03||Interface admin; admin: commons, enWP, meta, mw, global sysop see all|
|Charles Matthews||French (intermediate), Russian (basic)||2023-08||enwp admin|
|EncycloPetey||Spanish (intermediate), Latin (intermediate), French (basic), German (basic), Ancient Greek (basic)||2023-09||enwikt admin, species admin|
|Hrishikes||Bengali, Hindi, Sanskrit (basic)||2023-09||Commons filemover & extended-uploader|
|Inductiveload||French (basic), German (intermediate)||2023-10||interface admin|
|Ineuw||Hungarian (intermediate), Hebrew (intermediate), French (beginner),||2024-01|
|Jan.Kamenicek||Czech (native), Slovak (fluent), Russian (basic)||2024-03||commons filemover|
|Jusjih||Chinese, French (nearly intermediate), Korean (very basic), Japanese (learning)||2024-01||mul.ws admin and importer + others see all|
|Mahagaja||German (fluent), French (intermediate)||2023-11||mul.ws admin|
|Xover||Scandinavian languages, general geekery (programming etc.)||2023-07||interface administrator|
|Zyephyrus||French, Latin, Ancient Greek||2023-11||mul.ws bureaucrat|
Restricted access depends on the continued support of the community. This may be tested by a vote of confidence, in which a simple majority (50%+1) must support the user's continued access for it to be retained. (What access a discussion concerns should be explicitly noted in the discussion's introduction.) Any user may propose a vote of confidence, but at least three established users must support the need for one before it can be called. Such a proposal is made automatically one year after the last scheduled or called proposal (concerning all restricted access).
In the case of an unscheduled (called) proposal, the user may not use the restricted access for any non-trivial action at any time until the vote is closed. A bureaucrat will eventually archive the discussion and, if so decided, request removal of restricted access by a steward.
- Oppose for inactivity, but with no intended bar to regaining the bit when they become active here again. I see they've edited sporadically on other projects recently so I'm guessing they're just busy IRL. --Xover (talk) 09:32, 1 May 2023 (UTC)
- Oppose, as above, but hopeful we will see a return. --EncycloPetey (talk) 19:53, 1 May 2023 (UTC)
- Oppose, but I do hope she returns. PseudoSkull (talk) 00:38, 2 May 2023 (UTC)
- Oppose without prejudice.--Jusjih (talk) 05:09, 2 May 2023 (UTC)
- Oppose like EncycloPetey and PseudoSkull, hoping a return --Zyephyrus (talk) 19:08, 2 May 2023 (UTC)
- Support --Xover (talk) 09:33, 1 May 2023 (UTC)
- Support --Jan Kameníček (talk) 13:15, 1 May 2023 (UTC)
- Support PseudoSkull (talk) 19:43, 1 May 2023 (UTC)
- Support --EncycloPetey (talk) 19:53, 1 May 2023 (UTC)
- Support --Zyephyrus (talk) 19:10, 2 May 2023 (UTC)
- Support. BD2412 T 04:50, 11 May 2023 (UTC)
- Support — ineuw (talk) 06:35, 19 May 2023 (UTC)
Nominations for adminshipEdit
- Older nominations are archived.