- A reasonable plea for the animal creation, (1746), by Robert Morris , 
- An Address on Abstinence from the Flesh of Animals as Food, 1840 by William Metcalfe
- Vegetarian Messenger, (1851-1857)
- A Plea for Vegetarianism and Other Essays, 1886 by Henry Stephens Salt
- Article on Leo Tolstoy in London's Vegetarian newsletter, 1889
- Manchester Vegetarian Lectures (Second Series), (1889) set of lectures delivered by members of The Vegetarian Society
- The First Step, 1891 essay by Leo Tolstoy debating the presence of hypocrisy in a Christian or Pagan claim to be virtuous without practicing vegetarianism.
- Why I Am a Vegetarian, a 1895 pamphlet based on an address delivered by J. Howard Moore before the Chicago Vegetarian Society
- The Vegetarian (magazine), a magazine published from 1890 to 1909 by The Vegetarian Publishing Company.
- Description of Cistercians Vegetarion Missionaries, 1895 article by Mohandas Gandhi that appeared in May 18, 1895 "The Vegetarian" newsletter.
- Thirty-nine reasons why I am a vegetarian, 1903
- The Case for the Ephemeral, as it appeared in G. K. Chesterton's 1908 All Things Considered
- The Logical Vegetarian, 1915 poem by G. K. Chesterton
- Lo, the Soya Bean! A Substitute for Meat, Fish and Fats, 1917
See also the related indices at: