Welcome to WikiProject Validate. Several editors have formed this group dedicated to validating works that have been proofread. This page contains various resources. If you would like to help, please add yourself as a participant in the project.
- To have works proofread multiple times to get texts to the status of validated.
- To reduce the extensive backlog in Index Proofread.
- To increase the number of active proofreaders on Wikisource
- Adding works to validate
- Add works that you wish to be validated to the end of the list of candidates. There should not be more than 4 works in the list. If the list is full, consider helping with validation instead of adding another work.
- If you want to add a group of related works (e.g. several plays by Shakespeare), add them into a separate subsection. There should not be more than 2 items in this list.
- Validate as carefully as possible. The aim is not QUICK validation, but QUALITY validation. Nobody is perfect and a validator may not notice something that needs to be corrected, but it should happen only very rarely.
- Check not only typos, but also compliance with Wiksource rules and the way of transcluding into the main namespace.
- Do not change formatting which is against your preference but not directly against Wikisource rules or at the borderline. One work is often validated by several people with different preferences and it would be difficult to keep the formatting consistent.
To validate pages a user needs to be logged in to their account.
Work for this task is chosen from the main list of candidates by voting.
Pages 1 to 26 Pages 27 to 75
- Pages 76 to 110
- Pages 111 to 146
- Pages 147 to 186
- Pages 187 to 216
- Pages 238 to 260
- Pages 261 to 278
Work for this task can be chosen from the main list of candidates by anybody. It is supposed that the contributor who has chosen the work will be one of the main participants of its validation.
Current task: Weird Tales, 31(2)
- Pages 173 to 193
- Pages 207 to 211
- Pages 212 to 226
- Pages 227 and 228
- Pages 232 to 236
- Pages 237 to 239
- Pages 240 to 246
- Pages 250 and 256
Task 3: Edit
Work for this task can be chosen from the list of related works to be validated.
Current task: The Yale Shakespeare
Candidates to be validatedEdit
The list of candidates may contain up to 4 items. If the list is full, consider helping with validation instead of adding another work.
- Index:Wonder Book.djvu
- Index:Plutarch - Moralia, translator Holland, 1911.djvu
- Index:R U R Rossum s Universal Robots.pdf
The list of candidates may contain up to 2 items (e.g. several plays by Shakespeare is 1 one item). If the list is full, consider helping with validation instead of adding another work.
For a list of works validated in this project see Archive.
Please feel free to add yourself here:
- MJL (talk • contribs) 18:39, 4 February 2018 (UTC)
- TE(æ)A,ea. (talk • contribs) 12:36, 7 October 2018 (UTC)
- Jan Kameníček (talk • contribs) 19:42, 26 January 2019 (UTC)
- kathleen wright5 (talk) 00:10, 18 March 2019 (UTC)
- Level C (AKA the Eloquent Peasant) (talk) 00:01, 24 March 2019 (UTC)
- Pete (talk)
- Reboot01 (talk) 03:34, 28 April 2019 (UTC)