- Nathaniel Hawthorne by George Edward Woodberry
- Herschel by Hector Macpherson
- Sir William Herschel, his life and works by Edward Singleton Holden
- Right Reverend Mark Anthony De Wolfe Howe, D. D. First Bishop of Central Pennsylvania: A Biographical Sketch by Mark Antony De Wolfe Howe, Jr.
- The life and times of Master John Hus by
- John Huss: his life, teachings and death, after five hundred years by
- Biography of Eddie August Schneider (1911-1940) Aviator
- Robert Louis Stevenson: a short biography by Edmund Gosse from 11th Edition Britannica
- Arthur Schopenhauer, his Life and Philosophy by Helen Zimmern, the influential work that introduced Schopenhauer and his philosophy to the English speaking world.
- Life of Pingali Suranarya (Pithapuram, 1941)
- Ælfric's Lives of Saints
- Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography (1888-1900)
- Biographia Hibernica (1822)
- A Biographical Dictionary of Ancient, Medieval, and Modern Freethinkers by Joseph McCabe (1945)
- A biographical dictionary of eminent Scotsmen (1857) (incomplete) edited by Thomas Napier Thomson
- Biographies of Scientific Men by Arthur Bower Griffiths
- Cyclopædia of American Biographies (1903)
- The Cyclopædia of American Biography (1918)
- The Dictionary of Australasian Biography (1892)
- Dictionary of Christian Biography and Literature to the End of the Sixth Century by Henry Wace and William C. Piercy
- Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology by William Smith
- Dictionary of National Biography edited by Leslie Stephen and Sidney Lee
- Goodspeed's Northwestern Arkansas/Biographical Appendix
- Historic Girls: Stories of Girls Who Have Influenced The History of Their Times
- The Indian Biographical Dictionary (1915)
- The Lives of the Noble Grecians and Romans, 1st-2nd century C.E., by Plutarch
- Men of 1914 (1915)
- The Presidents of the United States, 1789-1914 by James Grant Wilson (editor)
- Real Soldiers of Fortune by Richard Harding Davis (early biographical sketches of Winston Churchill, Frederick Russell Burnham, et.al., written in 1906).
- Representative Men, 1850, by Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Heroes Every Child Should Know by H. W. Mabie
- The Beginner's American History by David H. Montgomery
- Lives of the Eminent Commanders by Cornelius Nepos
- Makers of British botany by Francis Wall Oliver, ed., 1913
- Men of Invention and Industry, 1884, by Samuel Smiles (biographies of British engineers, inventors and entrepreneurs).
- The Intersexes: A History of Similisexualism as a Problem in Social Life, 1910, by (includes collection of biographies of LGBT people)
- Gaius Suetonius Tranquillus, 1st-2nd century C.E.
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature
- The Women of the American Revolution
- Thom's Irish Who's Who (1923) by publisher Alexander Thom & Co
Please see the related sub-indices: