|← Community pages||WikiProject|
|sister projects.This page explains what a WikiProject is, and provides information on starting a new one at Wikisource. For discussion of other Wikimedia sites see|
A WikiProject is a collection of pages devoted to co-ordinating long-term tasks on Wikisource.
Starting a new projectEdit
- Read documentation for established wikiprojects below, Wikisource:Wikiproject DNB has well developed guidelines and related information. Projects also have discussion pages which are used to develop the scope and guides.
- Read Wikipedia's Wikiproject best practices for tips on creating a WikiProject.
- Discuss the project on the scriptorium and with other users.
- Ensure that scope and guidelines comply with those of the Wikisource project.
- Create a project to-do list, primarily the addition of new texts. Prepare Indexes for this.
- Identify existing pages within the scope of your project. A good way to do this is to maintain lists, from Special:Whatlinkshere etc., of the most important works related to your project.
- If possible, link to a sample works to give other editors an idea of the project's goals.
- Texts using scans for side-by-side proofreading is best practice. The preparation and use of djvu Indexes allows other to quickly and easily contribute to the scope of the project.
- Keep it simple, with brief instructions that allow users to contribute immediately. Separate complex or detailed discussion from the most frequently used notes and links.
Creation of the projectEdit
- Create the main project page as "Wikisource:WikiProject projectname".
- Make sure to add the project page to Category:WikiProjects.
This is a manual list of existing WikiProjects (see also the category). Feel free to join and contribute to ones you find interesting. If a project seems neglected, you can try to encourage increased participation and develop the project further in the collaborative spirit of Wikisource.
Specific content projectsEdit
- 1911 Encyclopedia Britannica
- Academic Papers
- Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography
- Barack Obama
- Catholic Encyclopedia Upgrade
- Chinese English texts about the Chinese language
- Classics Greek and Roman texts
- Classics in the History of Psychology
- Wikisource:WikiProject CrankyLibrarian A collection of book sources
- Diary of Samuel Pepys
- Dictionary of Music and Musicians (Grove)
- Dictionary of National Biography
- Early Christian writings
- Field Notes
- Influential books
- Israeli messianic writings
- Jewish Texts
- Lyrics Lyrics and Karaoke MIDI files
- Mahatma Gandhi
- NARA National Archives and Records Administration
- The New Church
- The New Student's Reference Work
- Open Access
- Popular Science Monthly
- Royal Society Journals
- SLQ State Library of Queensland
- Samuel Smiles
- U.S. Roads